Community Health Services
Gateway to a Healthy Yonkers
This new initiative seeks to build on the successes of the past and allow us to be more intentional and strategic in creating policies, systems and environmental changes that will produce a greater and more sustainable impact on the health and nutrition habits of our community. For more information, please contact:
- Carol Blakney, School Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 914.965.0203.
- Lourdes De’LaCruz, Community Coordinator, email@example.com, 914.963.0183
Healthy Marriages and Relationship Education Program (HMREP)
The new HMREP develops and supports economic self-sufficiency, healthy marriages, relationship and parenting skills for 500 at-risk youths ages 16-24; individuals; couples; caregivers and parents across six cities in the lower Hudson Valley Region of New York State. For more information, please contact:
- Ed Lawson, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 914.965.0203.
Gateway Bully Prevention Program
Nepperhan’s Bully Prevention Program, which was launched January 2015, teaches youths ages 8-15 about the danger of bullying, and the long-lasting negative impact that it leaves upon its victims. The program is run out of Nepperhan Center Monday through Friday between 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
- Rudy Coombs, Program Coordinator, email@example.com, 914.439.6532.
Comprehensive Adolescence Pregnancy Prevention Program (CAPP)
The CAPP Program was launched in 2010 and serves children 9-15 years of age. This program focuses upon risky behaviors that challenge this targeted age group and provides positive alternatives to those risky and anti-social activities. The program operates Monday through Friday between 2:30pm to 6:00pm. For more information, please contact:
- Dwanita Crosby, Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.